Leadership Success for New IT Managers Mastermind
As a new IT Manager, there is a regular stream of issues that come up where you might benefit from some advice, brainstorming, or just having a colleague to talk with confidentially. It may not be practical to take every situation to your manager, especially if you have trouble getting on his/her calendar. Or if the your manager is the problem.
In my experience, new IT Managers face many day-to-day challenges where this type of help could be a game-changer. That is why I am offering the Leadership Success for New IT Managers Mastermind.
So, what is a Mastermind, exactly?
Mastermind groups offer a combination of brainstorming, education, peer accountability, and support in a group setting to sharpen both your business and personal skills. A Mastermind group helps you and the other Mastermind group members achieve success. Members support and challenge each other to set strong goals and, more importantly, to accomplish them. The Mastermind group requires commitment, confidentiality, a willingness to both give and receive advice and ideas, and a willingness to support each other with honesty, respect, and compassion. (definition adapted from What is a Mastermind Group? A Definition and tutorials from The Success Alliance)
In this Mastermind, there will be a two month introductory portion that will include a series of learning modules to help you leverage either the Positive Intelligence or Tilt 365 assessment for your growth as a new IT manager.
How is this Mastermind structured?
- There are two versions of this Mastermind (one using Positive Intelligence and one using Tilt 365)
- Group size: 5 members + one facilitator
- Duration: 6 months
- Meeting Frequency: 1 meeting per week for 2 months (introductory portion); then 2 meetings per month (~every other week) for 4 months — Your attendance commitment is important
- Each member will have the opportunity to take the Positive Intelligence Saboteur assessment, or the Tilt 365 True Tilt Personality assessment
- De-briefs will be in the group setting
- Each member will be encouraged to share their assessment results with the other members
- Each member will have the opportunity to be on the “Hot Seat” each meeting once we have completed the two month introductory portion
- Each member will set FAST goals using a free account in TripodGSS
- Each member will have a quick goal check-in each meeting
- Each member is encouraged to have a Goal Buddy
- Each member will receive two 30-minute 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- There will be some educational content provided for offline learning
- Meetings will be via Zoom
What is a “Hot Seat”?
What are FAST Goals?
Four core principles underpin effective goal systems. FAST goals are Frequently discussed, Ambitious in scope, Specifically measured, and Transparent. They also have four parts: Objective (a short description), Why (a detailed reason this goal matters), Success Metrics (the S in FAST), and To-Dos (the actions that need to be taken). They should also pass the “So What?” test. The “So What?” test makes sure you are adding value. [This decryption is adapted from TripodGSS documentation which is based on an MIT Business School article: https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/with-goals-fast-beats-smart/]
What is a Goal Buddy?
We will be using TripodGSS for goal setting and tracking. A Goal Buddy is someone in this Mastermind who will support you in reaching your goals. Your Goal Buddy will be committed to your success, will be there to provide support on a regular schedule, will ask helpful, respectful questions when you fall short, and will celebrate your wins, big and small. I also recommend that you add me as a member of your Success Team. A Success Team member is anyone, beyond your Goal Buddy, that you add in TripodGSS who will help you meet your goals.
If you are only accountable to yourself, it is easy to get caught up in day-to-day activities and stress, and let your goals go unmet. Being accountable to someone else will often be the push you need to help you stay on track.
What happens at the end of the 6 months?
What is the cost of this Mastermind Group?
The New IT Managers Mastermind is available by application only.
If you are a fit for this Mastermind, the cost is $1797. A $100 non-refundable payment is required to hold your seat.
Is there a payment plan?
Yes. After acceptance, you will be asked to pay $100 (non-refundable) to reserve your seat. Just before the start date for the group, you will be invoiced for $599, then $599 at month three, and a final $599 at month five.
Still have questions?
Ready to apply?
Click here to start the application process. This will take you to a tool called CoachAccountable which will ask you to schedule time to review your application and then present you with a form to fill out some basic contact information and complete the application that we will review on the date you selected.